Virtual Community Film Screening & Panel Discussion
A Focused Conversation for the Boise Community Presented by the Children's Home Society of Idaho and The Speedy Foundation
- Recorded on Tuesday, November 14th at 5:30 pm - click here
- Coming Soon - See below for Audience Q&A, Resources, and Additional Interviews
- This KUED film, released in 2016, focuses on teen suicide in Utah. The film highlights three stories — a promising young athlete who took his own life, a young man now in his late 20s who talks candidly about his suicide attempt as a teen, and a young transgender teen who also survived her suicide attempt with a reaffirmed desire to live.
- Following the screening, we heard from Dr. Greg Hudnall, founder of Hope Squads, Lee Flinn with the Idaho Crisis & Suicide Hotline, and Dr. Gretchen Gudmundsen with St. Luke's Children's. This free virtual event was curated for families and community members in the Boise area who have been impacted by suicide loss, suicidal ideation/attempts, or are interested in advocating for mental health and wellness.
- We encourage all participants to have attended suicide prevention training prior to joining, to ensure that we have a common language and a basic understanding of suicide prevention and intervention. To attend a complimentary online & on-demand QPR training, please click here.
- The contents of this webinar will be for general informational purposes only, and are not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any condition or disease or substitute for medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician, mental health professional, or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment, and before starting or discontinuing treatment. All information presented during this webinar will be provided in good faith.
- Disclaimer: If you or someone you know is experiencing suicidal thoughts or a crisis, please call, text, or chat with the Suicide Lifeline at 988. These services are free and confidential.
- Event Flyer - click here
- Media Kit - click here
- Media Coverage
Audience Q&A Responses:
- Suicide Prevention Research Interview with Dr. Anna Radin & Shannon Decker: click here
- An Overview of Idaho's Violent Death Reporting System for Media Outlets with Dr. Emily LaFrance & Grace Shimatsu: click here
- Resources for Survivors of Suicide Loss - click here
- Mentally Covered Resources - click here
- St. Luke's Help is Here Resource Guide - click here
- Hope Squad Peer-to-Peer Suicide Prevention Program - click here
- Idaho Crisis & Suicide Hotline - click here
- Children's Home Society of Idaho - Programs & Services - click here
Screen the film and check out KUED resources and short clips from the film - click here