This training was originally offered on January 18, 2023, as a live learning webinar. It's now available online and on-demand for anyone who is interested in learning more about responsible reporting.
Throughout this training you will learn why messaging matters in suicide prevention and best practices for responsibly reporting on suicide.
What You Will Learn:
- Why messaging matters in suicide prevention
- Local and national statistics
- General information about the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline
- Best practices for reporting on suicide
- How to responsibly discuss suicide on social media
- Helpful resources
The approximate completion time for this training is 1 hour and 30 minutes.